The U.S. ends up "going it alone."
- New Cold War / continually shifting alliances
and an Islamic bloc.
1st World tied up in the old system.
- With fewer resources, the West/industrialized
world builds a wall around itself
- Political gridlock and economic turbulence.
- Old institutions like NATO and IMF still exist,
but have less power.
3rd world has more freedom and shift
alliances at will.
- Increasing fluidity.
- Economy continues to depend on underground
goods like Opium, Cocaine & Hashish
- Third world countries form their own coalition
à la NATO and go to where the money is.
Refugees move around locally.
- International travel is more difficult.
Standard banking system and financial
systems at war
- Black economy and the underground financial
system gets stronger.