The Barrett Bag offers
up to 90% protection from injury and damage when placed over a bomb.
It is made from a reinforced, rubberised material filled with a fire retardant
liquid which absorbs the blast and shrapnel of the bomb, and quenches the
fireball. The product is patented worldwide.
How does it work?
The size of a large pillow, weighing about 30lbs (16 kilos), The Barrett
Bag can be placed over any suspicious-looking parcel.
Who should have one?
The Barrett Bag should form an integral part of any Security Operation
in charge of airports, shopping malls, hotels, sports stadiums, parking
garages - any place that could be a terrorist
target. The bag is packed in a sturdy metal case which can be fixed
to a wall for easy access. It can either be a fixed feature, or used on
an ad hoc basis, as when a pop concert is being held in a park, for instance.
An analysis of what terrorists have done in
the past is also useful in predicting where they might strike next.
How do I know the claims are
true? The Barrett Bag has been scientifically tested and proven
in live incidents in South Africa.
Special protection against hand
grenades A smaller size is also available which can be placed
over a hand grenade that is thrown into a vehicle. It is of particular
value to police, troops, or peace-keeping forces having to enter potentially
Where can I get it?
The Barrett Bag and Barrett Grenade Bag are manufactured in South Africa
and under licence in the United Kingdom.
To order, contact Barrett Bag Marketing, P.O.Box 2867,
Randburg, 2125, South Africa. Tel +27 11 789-1416 Fax 789-5036 Or
you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Barrett bag can be used to reduce blast damage to
negligible levels of :
- SPM limpet mines
- Mini limpet mines
- up to 6kg explosive charges
- home-made pipe bombs
- hand grenades
In all instances, it is the blast effect that kills and
destroys when the bomb explodes. Temperatures of the fireball could reach
3000 degrees celsius. More importantly, the blast effect, caused by the
velocity of detonation (VOD) of limpet mines and larger explosive devices,
reaches incredible speeds and forces of destruction - 9 times faster than
a rifle bullet. It breaks up objects in its path, turning them into shrapnel,
and it is this shrapnel that kills, shreds and destroys.
The Barrett Bag - Proven in the
- Barrett Bag placed over limpet mine concealed under a
Black Jack table at a casino. The bomb went off. Nobody injured. Not even
the table was damaged. After sweeping and drying out, casino back in operation
the next day.
- Barrett Bag placed over bomb which was removed to an intersection in the city of Johannesburg. No injuries. No damage, except for minimal scarring
of road surface directly under bomb.
The following is a factor analysis of terrorist targets
for the last 5 years. It is reasonable to beleive that terrorists will
attack similar targets in the future:
US Government Facilities
- Government facilities within the USA
- US Embassies abroad.
- US Military Facilities
- USO Facilities (US servicemens’ organisations)
- US Corporate Targets / US Multinationals
- Railway lines / Railroad systems
- Sporting Facilities
- Airline Offices
- Shopping Malls
- Police Stations
- Restaurants (esp. if frequented by US servicemen)
- Trolleybusses / Busses / Tour Busses
- NATO Facilities
- European Economic Community (EC) Facilities
Diary of Terror
- 18 July TWA flight 800 crashes in ocean off Long Island, NY
- 27 July Pipe bomb explodes @ rock concert in Atlanta
UK / Ireland
- 10 July Small bomb in Alhambra Palace, Granada, first in a series of
ETA attacks aimed at tourism
- 20 July Bomb at Reus airport injures 35
- 27 July Small Bomb damages apartment block at resort in Ordizia
- 26 June IRA bombs Manchester
- 28 June IRA Mortar Bomb attack on British Base at Osnabruck
- 14 July Bomb explodes at hotel in Enniskillen
- 25 July Animal rights activist with explosives attached to body arrested
- 1 July Bomb in Bastia injures eight
- 17 July Pregnant woman and male companion escape unhurt when bomb explodes
beneath their car in Hamburg
- 26 July Two properties fire-bombed in fourth successive night of violence
- 3 July Muslim Guerillas blow up gas pipeline
- 9 July Bomb at domestic gas distribution centre near Algiers kills
engineer repairing damage from an earlier blast.
- 18 July Bomb goes off in café in garrison town of Blida killing 5
25 December 1996 Dimapur, India -- An Indian politician's wife, daughter and grandson were killed in a car bombing Wednesday after attending Christmas services.
- 27 June 3 killed by bomb at bus station outside Islamabad, Pakistan
- 3 July Burmese junta propaganda billboard bombed in Rangoon
- 8 July Bomb at railway station in Faisalabad in Punjab; 3 dead
- 22 July Bomb kills 6 at Lahore airport, Pakistan
- 24 July Bomb explodes in commuter train, Colombo, Sri Lanka; up to
- 17 July Bomb found at the governor’s palace in Jalalabad
- 17 July Explosion in basement of Bulgaria’s National Congress Centre in central Sofia
- 16 July Remote-controlled bomb damages Ukrainian Premier’s car as he drives to Kiev Airport.
- 12 July Bomb in Moscow Trolleybus kills 1, injures 14
- Man terrorises bank over period of months threatening to blow up a branch unless he is paid SA Rands 1 million
- 24 December - 3 pipe bombs explode in Worcester 90 kms from Cape Town killing 3 people
- 26 July Car bomb in the centre of Lima, Peru, injures 10.
This Page has been visited times